Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Did I mention...

Did I happen to mention that we made this move to Georgia while I am rather... pregnant?
Well, I am. Twenty-nine weeks actually. I have to tell you based on my experience a mid-pregnancy transfer from Michigan to Georgia has been one of my more frustrating challenging experiences.
 I won't bore you with all the details, but lets just say Midwives are extremely rare. Medicaid is less than simple to get going (as opposed to other states I've worked with.) and medical record transfer is nearly impossible. But, with a lot of prayer, a few tears and a lot of phone calls between Michigan and down here in Georgia. I can happily tell you that I have insurance. I found a midwife - on the first try even, which is good because there are only two within 40 miles.
And I have my first prenatal check up since moving down here scheduled for next week. This all feels pretty good.

On a side note: as we were driving home today from meeting our midwife, I realized something... Did you know I have never had the privilege of working with one doctor/midwife from the beginning to the end of my pregnancy? (unless of course you count my miscarriage last summer.) 
With Colton I started with a women OB ( I'm sorry I forget her name.) But then she had a baby and went on Maternity leave and I switched to Dr. Savage somewhere around 20 weeks. Though Dr. Savage was o.k. I wanted a midwife the next time around. So, with Alex I sought out Sue a CNM. But, then around 29 weeks we up an moved to Montana, and I finished my care with Carol who was actually a PA, but by far an amazing Midwife. And now I began my care in Michigan with my midwife Trinnie and because of another move I have a new midwife by the name of Jeri. This is all very interesting to me. I wonder what purpose if any there is in making so many changes? But God always has a plan even if I don't know what it is at the moment.


Another thing to note, is that not a single one of our children has been nor will be born in the same state. Colton was born in Michigan. Alex was born in Montana, and by the looks of things this little one will be born down south in Georgia.


Life sure is funny sometimes.





No comments:

Post a Comment