Monday, March 29, 2010

So, it does rain in Montana


Well, today is one of those days. You know the kind of day were nothing spectacular has happened and it is highly unlikely that it something will. In reality though I think I can use one of these days. The weather today is a touch on the gloomy side which probably contributes to the general ho-hum feeling around here.
But, really this is a good thing. I feel like we have been going a million miles an hour since we arrived with one amazing experience after another. It has been to this point an amazing ride. So, a cloudy, cold, rainy day where I can hang out in my PJ's and not accomplish anything in particular sounds wonderful to me.
There is however, one little ripple in my otherwise perfectly gloomy day: His name is Colton.
Colton since we arrived I swear has been ramping up his energy level with each sunny day. I believe the combination of endless activity and chore helping along with the bright sunny weather has recharged his inner battery where it has drained mine. Colton of course is nothing other than delightful even with his boundless energy supply. He has largely been my entertainment since we have arrived here.
But, as the afternoon stretches before me I find myself desiring a nap, and watching Colton's great creative mind churn up idea after idea. So, for the time being I'm going to try and keep up.
I am exceedingly grateful for his skills of entertaining himself. I'm told not all children will build entire cities and act out the scenario of their mind alone as well as he does. This skill is largely the reason I can sit here and write with few interruptions.
Even now as I was chasing him down to grab a quick snap shot of his adorable face. He was more concerned about his play being interrupted than anything else.
Still, I am enjoying this lazy day, and I have decided that the heavy list of "things to do" can wait at least for a little while. And whether the sun shines tomorrow or not even a gloomy rainy day in Montana can be enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging! I love reading your stories and hearing all about your new life. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete