Saturday, June 23, 2012

Best EVER! Peach Pie Recipe

I'm going to share a secret with you all. It is a secret I have harbored since I was in high school when I worked part-time as a house keeper/companion for a dear old lady named Agnes. I learned a lot working for Agnes things like sweeping carpets (I had always called it vacuuming), what a davenport was etc... but my most favorite thing to do with her was bake. And she kindly shared her many wonderful recipes with me, some in written form, and some I had inscribe somewhere in my scattered brain only to resurface much later at random but very appropriate moments.  This peach pie recipe is no exception. I remembered all of the albeit simple but forgotten ingredients, just as a case of the most delicious, sweet, tender peaches you ever tasted were dropped off at the ranch earlier this week.  I guess they don't call Georgia the peach state for nothin'.

So here it is the easiest FRESH NO BAKE PEACH PIE recipe.
(Oh, and even my husband who does not care for fruit pies likes this one.)  


Ingredients:
One pre-made pie crust - regular, gram cracker, short bread - there all good
1 cup Sugar
3 heaping Table Spoons Corn Starch
1 3oz package peach jello (I know, I know this is a no, no ingredient, but we're indulging here)
1 Cup Water

3-4 cups peeled and sliced peaches

In a heavy bottomed sauce pan mix sugar, corn starch and Peach Jello. Add Water. Cook on med/high heat stirring constantly. Cook mixture until it comes to a low boil. Continue cooking, until mixture forms a very thick bubbling gel. Remove from heat and cool 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and slice peaches. Fold Peaches into gel mixture. Fill Pie Crust. Chill completely. Serve with whip cream or ice cream.

P.S. You can also use this recipe to make a very nice Strawberry pie. Just change out the fruit and Jello flavor.

Enjoy :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment