Monday, August 6, 2012

Home Sweet.....Camper?

Well, we have been back in Michigan for about two weeks now. And I must say it feels pretty good. Familiar faces and places are always comforting. We are currently snuggled in a 28ft camper loaned to us by Kyle's Uncle Dale and Aunt Sandy, and are parked in my Father and Mother In-law's back yard. This arrangement is really is working out quite well. The camper has air-conditioning, running water, and a functional bathroom. We are doing this all in the name of saving money until Kyle's new job starts (and it looks like it will around the end of the month.) Of course this means that in the mean time, I had better get used to the idea of having a baby while living here.

I do think it will be a bit of a challenge in the early days of new baby, but I keep reminding myself it is doable. After all these are pretty cushy accommodations compared to what Mary had when Jesus was born. I do have a bed, running water and a bathroom for goodness sake. I also got another reminder that really it is quite fitting I have at least one child while living in a travel trailer, because, after all the first months of my life were spent in a similar fashion. Yep, for those of you who don't know my parents worked in the oil fields back in the day and lived in a converted school bus. And thusly that is where I also lived off and on for about the first six month's of my life. So, yes, if my mother could do it, I surely should be able to as well. I really should stress however that we do very little "living" in these close quarters. We use it mostly for sleeping. One of the benefits of being in my in-laws back yard is that their house is a mere 30 feet from ours and open to us all day. Mostly, we just sleep here and eat breakfast, than as fast as they can the boys beat feet to Manna and Papa's.

This brings me to another benefit of staying here, we have lots of help and support. For the first time in 2 1/2 monthes, I have been able to sit and relax. The boys can play outside without worry of some posinous snake, or spider lurking about. Also, thanks to my Mother-in-laws baby sitting business, the boys have actual children to play with. (I don't remember if I mentioned that down in Georgia we had zero success making friends.) Anyway, the boys have been having a tremendous time getting re-aquainted with their cousins and friends Monday - Wednesday. This of course gives me even more free time, though it does feel a bit bitter-sweet.
Soon enough life will change again and we will be able move into our own place and space. But for today I am grateful to be home.


1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are finding and enjoying the silver lining !! Praise God, eh. When is baby coming ?
    - Jean in Mt

    ReplyDelete